- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday: 11 am – 7:00 pm
- Thursday: 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
Your health and well being continue to be our highest priority as we carefully prepare and update our practice procedures, as well as train our dental team to do all that we can to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for our patients and team members. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as well as we will be taking care of our own families.
For your peace of mind and preparation the following process is to provide a safe dental treatment experience including, but are not limited to, the following:
Before Your Appointment
You will be emailed the intake screening forms to review, answer and sign.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- Please wait in your car or outside the office until your scheduled appointment time.
- The office will phone/text you when we are ready to do your screening. Your screening will be reviewed BEFORE entering the office.
- We will be taking your temperature.
- We will be increasing interval between patients to allow enough disinfecting time and limiting the number of patients in the waiting room.
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing.
- We will suspend our coffee station, no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so force since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office at all times.
- The public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and sterilized frequently throughout the day.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- Note – Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointments.
- All rooms will be COMPLETELY sterilized before each patient is seated.
- Our operatories have external oral suction units and purification units.
- Our office follows guidelines set forth by the Alberta Dental Association and College (ADA&C), Health Canada, and the Canadian Centre For Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
- The dental team has all the needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
- During patient care, appropriate masks, face shields and gloves will be worn by clinical staff.
- All surfaces that came in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant including the patient chair and the accessory chair where the patient placed their personal items and/or coat hanger.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Clear panels will be in place at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk will be wiped with a medical-grade disinfectant.
- We will offer credit or debit payment upon completion at the front desk.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this difficult time!
We know the new protocols may seem inconvenient. But they are in place for your safety and ours.
Stay well and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Thank you from the Team at West 17th Avenue Dental!